Today I started my with a cheerful notice from my Windows Phone 10 mentioning that my Outlook account settings are out of date. A bit annoyed I ignored it until the afternoon when a second (hotmail) account started annoying me with the same message. Letting Windows Phone "repair" the issue resulted in nothing but an 0x80070426 … Continue reading Windows Phone 10: Your account settings are out of date
This is the TLDR; version of this bug, so if the following solution doesn't work for you, you might want to read it all. When upgrading to a new version of Maven you might be faced with the following exception The problem is caused by a more recent version of com.sun.xml.bind:jabx-xjc being used when … Continue reading maven-jaxb2-plugin: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: encoding
I was setting up a simple side-project with Spring, Spring Data and Hibernate. My repositories are generated using Spring Data's jpa:repositories to save on development time and the database schema is generated using Hibernate, based on my JPA and JSR-303 annotated entities. However, one of the issues I encountered was that my repositories did not insert anything in … Continue reading No inserts using Hibernate and Spring
A while ago I started testing Adobe Lightroom to process my photo's and so far I'm pretty happy with it. Even though it can handle some Exif metadata changes when exporting, I somehow missed the power of ExifTool and thus I started looking for a way to integrate it. There is somewhere on the internet … Continue reading Using ExifTool from Lightroom
I do not have a lot of experience with the Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP), yet I was asked to create a dynamic submenu for an element in a JFace TreeView. The submenu should be filled in depending on the selected object plus a fixed menu item which should open a new dialog. The menu should … Continue reading Eclipse RCP Dynamic popup menu
On the project I'm currently working on, we have a lot of tasks which are exposed through JMX and which we use very often. Some tasks need to be executed on a daily base, some even more often. As we all know, repetitive task are the ones we should automate and so I did. … Continue reading Automating JMX calls using JMXTerm
Last week, completely out of the blue I got faced with the following Soap exception: I didn't matter whether I ran my calls through Soap-UI or through the application, I would always face this error. No clear solutions were available on the internet, except for a bunch of things you could try. Eventually I … Continue reading javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException: Fault occurred while processing.